Should you pawn your car and still drive it?
Do you want to pawn your car and still drive it? While this sounds like a great deal, in practice “pawn and drive” schemes tend to be expensive and complicated – and they put vehicle owners at unnecessarily high risk of losing their cars.
Before you ‘pawn your car and still drive it’, consider the following:
- you’ll go through a complicated and time-consuming approval process; this will require the submission of an application that includes payslips and bank statements
- if your application is approved, you’ll typically be forced to hand over ownership of your vehicle – you might still be driving your car, but you won’t own it
- if you want your car back, you’ll have to buy it back from the lender at a future date
- pawning and driving a car is much more expensive than pawning your car with a straightforward asset-based loan provider like Pawn My Car.
Find out more about why we strongly advise against pawn and drive schemes.
In comparison, Pawn My Car makes pawning your car as quick, affordable and convenient as possible. You won’t be able to drive your vehicle for the loan duration, although it will stay in your name. It will be kept in a secure facility with strict access control, and nobody else will drive it. Once the loan is repaid with agreed interest, the car will be returned to you.
When you pawn your vehicle with Pawn My Car:
- you’ll bring your car in and leave with your money; it’s immediate – no complicated application or approval processes
- you’ll benefit from the cheapest rates and the security of dealing with an NCA compliant company
- you won’t lose ownership of your vehicle – we hold it only as security
- you can usually obtain a higher loan amount than by selling your car with an option of buying it back later.
We encourage you to compare costs and do your own research. You’ll find us to be the better, less expensive and more transparent option. For more information, please contact us on 0861 112 866.